WadcomBlog 0.1 ReleasedMar 07 2007, 12:49 permalink
Recently I've spent more spare time on my blog engine and since it finally got some shape, I decided to release it. My site is currently running version 0.1, and you can see new "RSS" icons on top of index pages. This is one of the most important features of this version, which is available here.
As for the other stuff, I've made a great deal of refactoring, squeezing the code size from around 700 lines to 500. The presentation got separated from the content, so there is no HTML tags hanging around in the script. All rendering (including RSS) is now handled by the neat EZT library.
Also, I was quite annoyed by adding each new entry into the config, so WadcomBlog is now able to automatically locate entries in the source hierarchy. The entries themselves are now RFC2822-compliant "messages", containing metainformation along with the contents. I find it very useful, since entries are now completely self-contained. For example, below is how the start of this blog entry looks:
Title: WadcomBlog 0.1 Released Timestamp: 200703071249 Tags: projects wadcomblog <p> Recently I've spent more spare time on my blog engine and since it finally got some shape, I decided to release it. My site is currently running version ...
That's it. I hope someone else out there will enjoy my little toy project. :-)